By: Patty Allen (757) 646-1037
Puppy/Dog Training Classes
Puppy / Dog Training Classes are for dogs with no prior training or as a brush-up. These courses can be challenging but it will help you get your dog under control and well on its way to becoming an enjoyable companion. You will learn all of the basic commands but more importantly you will begin to establish leadership, set boundaries, and learn when and when not to reward your dog. As you learn together you will begin to develop a strong bond with your dog who needs and wants a leader and this class will get you on the right track to play that role in its life. You will receive homework each week to help you implement what you have learned in class. DO NOT GIVE UP ON YOUR PUP!!!
For class days and times please contact Patty Allen at (757) 646-1037 or email her at email@example.com.
Students will be required to bring the following to class:
- Current Shot Records: All dogs must be up to date on all vaccinations based on their veterinarian's recommendations.
- A Collar and Leash
- Dog Treats
- NO AGGRESSIVE DOGS ALLOWED IN CLASS OR DOGS IN HEAT.
Pet First Aid & CPR Class
This eight hour (two day class, four hours each day) PetSaver program is well worth the investment. This class will teach you what you need to do to get your dog and/or cat to a Veterinarian safely and efficiently in an emergency and just might save their life. If you are a pet owner, professional groomer, pet trainer, pet sitter, pet walker, or a volunteer the information shared in this class is priceless. You will receive a certificate and a 40+ page handbook that includes information on pet first aid and emergency protocols for dogs and cats. Detailed step by step instructions, pictures and actions for over 50 emergency situations. A few of the topics covered in this class are:
- CPR, Rescue Breathing, Muzzling & Restraint, Choking Management, Bleeding Protocols, Shock Management, Heat and Cold Injuries, Poisoning, The Pet Tech Snout to Tail Assessment for Injury and Wellness, Dental Care, Senior Care and more.
Class Dates: Sunday March 11th and March 18th. (This class is two sessions long registration gets you into both classes.)
Time: 1:00 pm - 5:00pm both dates
Location: All Classes will be held at Rocket Park Club House (200 Cope Street McMinnville, TN 37110)Class Size: Limit 6 per class please leave your pets at home.
McMinnville Parks and Recreation is excited to work with Patty Allen to provide quality pet instruction to its citizens. Here are a few of Patty's many qualifications.
- Certified Dog Trainer and Graduate of Animal Behavior College Level 1 and Level 2.
- Certified Evaluator of Therapy Dogs International, Inc. ( TDI )
- Certified Evaluator of American Kennel Club ( AKC ) which includes the AKC-STAR Puppy Program , the AKC Canine Good Citizen ( CGC ) Program, the AKC Urban Canine Good Citizen ( CGCU ) Program and the AKC Community Canine ( CGCA ) Program.
- Certified PetTech Instructor for CPR, First Aid & Care for Your Pets.