Parent Code of Conduct
I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for my child’s participation in the MYBS Youth Baseball and Softball League by adhering to the Parent Code of Conduct
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice, or other youth sports events.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of my personal desire to win.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe healthy environment.
- I will support the coaches and officials working with my child in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for everyone involved.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and will refrain from their use at all games.
- I will remember that the game is for the children—not the adults.
- I will do my very best to make youth baseball / softball fun for my child.
- I will require my child to treat other players, coaches, spectators, and officials with respect, regardless of race, gender, creed, or ability.
- I will require that my child’s coach be trained in the responsibilities of being a youth coach and that he/she should uphold the NYSCA Code of Ethics for coaches.
- I will not coach from the sidelines during games. I understand that this can become confusing to my child and may interfere with what the coach is attempting to teach.
- I understand that if I/We continue to instruct from the sidelines and become a distraction to the coach and team we will be asked to stop and if the distraction continues our child may be removed from the team without any refund.
Why do we have a Parents Code of Conduct expectation in our league? Take a look at the videos below...
Parent's at Youth Sporting Events-"How Not To Act"